Rio Tinto in talks with Trimet over French plants -minister
PARIS, March 13
PARIS, March 13 (Reuters) - Global mining group Rio Tinto is in exclusive talks with Germany's Trimet Aluminium AG over the possible sale of two French aluminium plants, France's industry minister said on Wednesday.
"Rio Tinto has entered exclusive negotiations with Trimet for the sale of the site of Castelsarrasin and also Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne," Arnaud Montebourg told the French parliament.
Rio Tinto put the century-old Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne plant in the French Alps up for sale last year under plans to reduce its aluminium activities. The smaller Castelsarrasin site is in southwest France.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city