CB&I Announces Technology Award in Korea
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
http://pdf.reuters.com/htmlnews/8knews.asp?i=43059c3bf0e37541&u=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20130313:nBw135420a THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(Business Wire)-- CB&I (NYSE: CBI) announced today that it has been awarded a contract by SK gas, South Korea`s largest importer and distributor of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), for the license and engineering design of a grassroots propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit to be built in Ulsan, Korea. Startup is expected in 2016. The unit will use the CATOFIN dehydrogenation process from Lummus Technology to produce 600,000 metric tonnes per year of propylene. "We are pleased to be able to provide this cost-effective and reliable route to on-purpose propylene to meet SK gas` plans to expand their product portfolio," said Daniel McCarthy, president of CB&I`s Technology operating group. "This PDH unit will be the largest in Korea." Propylene is a building block used to produce a variety of products including plastics and solvents. About CB&I CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com. CB&I Investors: Christi Thoms, +1 832-513-1200 Media: www.CBI.com Copyright Business Wire 2013
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South