- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Man accused of kidnapping Cleveland women to face more charges
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
Bomb scare halts train traffic between Switzerland and Italy
ZURICH/MILAN (Reuters) - Rail traffic through the Alps between Switzerland and Italy was halted on Wednesday after an anonymous caller said there was a bomb on a freight train, Swiss police said.
The Simplon tunnel was closed at around 11:30 a.m. (7.30 am. ET) as police dog handlers searched for explosives. The police said the tunnel might reopen on Wednesday evening.
A spokesman for Swiss Rail said buses were taking passengers to the Italian border city of Domodossola.
(Reporting By Martin de Sa'Pinto and Danilo Masoni; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this