Barrick says gold shipment detained in Dominican Republic
March 14 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp said on Thursday that a shipment of gold from its Pueblo Viejo mine in the Dominican Republic had been detained by customs officials in the Caribbean nation.
The world's largest gold miner said in a statement it was investigating the cause of the delay and seeking confirmation that the shipment can resume. The company gave no further details.
Barrick owns 60 percent of the Pueblo Viejo mine, while Canada's second-largest gold miner, Goldcorp Inc, holds the remaining 40 percent.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data