Belgium's Belfius makes profit in 2012
BRUSSELS, March 14
BRUSSELS, March 14 (Reuters) - Belfius, the retail bank bought by Belgium from stricken financial group Dexia, made a net profit of 415 million euros in 2012, the group said on Thursday.
The bank made a 1.37 billion euro loss in 2011, largely due to its Greek sovereign bond holding, which it has since disposed of completely.
Belfius was sold to the Belgian state for 4 billion euros ($5.35 billion) in October, when Dexia was bailed out for a second time in three years by France, Belgium and Luxembourg. (Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead