Private equity group Cinven raises 5 billion euro fund
LONDON, March 14
LONDON, March 14 (Reuters) - European private equity firm Cinven said on Thursday it had raised 5 billion euros ($6.5 billion) for its latest buyout fund.
The Fifth European Buyout Fund is already 14 percent committed, it said in a statement, following investments last year including healthcare firms Mercury Pharma and Amdipharm.
The statement confirms a Reuters report on Wednesday that the group had reached its 5 billion euro target, making it one of the few industry players to defy a tough fundraising climate.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls