DirecTV drops out of bidding for Vivendi's GVT
March 14 (Reuters) - DirecTV, the largest U.S. satellite television provider has decided to end its pursuit of Vivendi's GVT.
A DirecTV spokesman confirmed on Thursday that the company chose to "not to move forward in its pursuit of GVT and has withdrawn from the process."
Reuters had reported on Feb. 28 that the only other bidder in the GVT auction process besides DirecTV was a consortium of buyout firms led by KKR & CO.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling