Holcim, HeidelbergCement plan Cement Australia joint venture
ZURICH, March 14
ZURICH, March 14 (Reuters) - Holcim is selling 25 percent of the share capital of Cement Australia to Germany's HeidelbergCement and will then operate the company as a joint venture, with each holding a 50 percent stake, Holcim said on Thursday.
Holcim said in a statement the parties had agreed not to disclose the cash purchase price, adding the transaction had already been approved by the Australian authorities.
Cement Australia employs more than 1,000 people and had a turnover of about 1 billion Australian dollars ($1.03 billion)in 2012. ($1 = 0.9716 Australian dollars)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |