SGL 2013 outlook below market view on graphite for electronics
FRANKFURT, March 14
FRANKFURT, March 14 (Reuters) - German carbon and graphite specialist SGL Group issued a 2013 core earnings outlook below market expectations, citing weak demand for graphite powders used for solar panels, semiconductors and LED light-emitting diodes.
SGL, which also makes carbon fibres, on Thursday said profit before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) was likely to fall 10-15 percent below the adjusted EBITDA of 239.7 million euros ($310 million) it reported for 2012.
Analysts on average were expecting 2013 EBITDA to be at around the prior-year level, based on data from Thomson Reuters StarMine.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ