Boeing says use of lithium-ion battery right choice for 787
TOKYO, March 15
TOKYO, March 15 (Reuters) - Boeing Co Ltd said on Friday the use of lithium-ion batteries was the right choice for its 787 Dreamliner passenger jet.
The planemaker also said it has asked Japan's GS Yuasa Corp , which makes the battery for 787, and France's Thales SA, which produce the battery system for aircraft, to improve production standards to eliminate "variation" in battery cell production.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media