Boeing says use of lithium-ion battery right choice for 787
TOKYO, March 15
TOKYO, March 15 (Reuters) - Boeing Co Ltd said on Friday the use of lithium-ion batteries was the right choice for its 787 Dreamliner passenger jet.
The planemaker also said it has asked Japan's GS Yuasa Corp , which makes the battery for 787, and France's Thales SA, which produce the battery system for aircraft, to improve production standards to eliminate "variation" in battery cell production.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone