Brazil January economic activity index up 1.29 pct vs Dec
BRASILIA, March 15
BRASILIA, March 15 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index rose 1.29 percent in January from December in seasonally adjusted terms, the bank said on Friday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 17 analysts was for a rise of 0.90 percent.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, manufacturing and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 3.84 percent over the same month a year ago.
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up