Brazil January economic activity index up 1.29 pct vs Dec
BRASILIA, March 15
BRASILIA, March 15 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index rose 1.29 percent in January from December in seasonally adjusted terms, the bank said on Friday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 17 analysts was for a rise of 0.90 percent.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, manufacturing and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 3.84 percent over the same month a year ago.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel