Colombia cenbank has space to cut rate, must be careful-codirector
BOGOTA, March 15
BOGOTA, March 15 (Reuters) - Colombia's central bank has room to lower its benchmark interest rate but it must also be careful and consider other factors, said one of the seven board members, Cesar Vallejo.
"There's space in the sense that there's lower inflation, output growth is below its potential. In that sense there's space but there are also other factors, for example, people's indebtedness, government plans for public investment," he said.
"One must be careful when lowering interest rates because any circumstance can change the scenario," he told journalists on Friday.
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting