BRIEF-Wetherspoon profit dips as higher costs hit margins
LONDON, March 15
LONDON, March 15 (Reuters) - J D Wetherspoon PLC : * H1 profit before tax and exceptional items 34.8 million STG (2012: 35.8
million STG) * Revenue up 10 percent to 626.4 million STG (2012: 569.4 million STG) * H1 like-for-like sales up 6.9 percent, up 7.3 percent in 6 wks to March 10 * J d wetherspoon company continues to aim for a reasonable outcome in
the current financial year * Now expect to open around 30 pubs in this financial year
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote