CANADA STOCKS-TSX edges higher at open on energy, mining
TORONTO, March 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index gained ground at the open on Friday as stronger oil and metals prices gave a boost to energy and mining shares. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 13.23 points, or 0.1 percent, at 12,813.14.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76