Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 15
NEW YORK, March 15 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session high on Friday after data on New York state's manufacturing sector came in below expectations.
Traders said the data likely prompted some profit-taking on the dollar's recent gains.
The euro rose as high as $1.3098, up 0.6 percent on the day, compared with $1.3058 before the release.
The dollar was last at 96.01 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day, compared with 96.10 yen earlier.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted