Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 15
NEW YORK, March 15 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session high on Friday after data on New York state's manufacturing sector came in below expectations.
Traders said the data likely prompted some profit-taking on the dollar's recent gains.
The euro rose as high as $1.3098, up 0.6 percent on the day, compared with $1.3058 before the release.
The dollar was last at 96.01 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day, compared with 96.10 yen earlier.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season