Euro extends gains vs dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 15
NEW YORK, March 15 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar to hit a session high on Friday after data on New York state's manufacturing sector came in below expectations.
Traders said the data likely prompted some profit-taking on the dollar's recent gains.
The euro rose as high as $1.3098, up 0.6 percent on the day, compared with $1.3058 before the release.
The dollar was last at 96.01 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day, compared with 96.10 yen earlier.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel