Nikkei hits new 4-1/2-year high, logs 4th weekly gain
TOKYO, March 15 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average closed at a fresh 4-1/2-year high on Friday on growing expectations the central bank will ease monetary policy aggressively under its new leadership. The Nikkei advanced 1.5 percent to 12,560.95, the highest level since early September 2008. For the week, the index gained 2.3 percent, logging the fourth straight weekly gain. The broader TOPIX gained 1.3 percent to 1051.65 in moderate trade.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label