Seoul shares fall near-one month low but Hyundai rallies
SEOUL, March 15
SEOUL, March 15 (Reuters) - Seoul shares slipped on Friday weighed down by Samsung Electronic's slumping share price and weak foreign demand.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) fell 0.8 percent to close at 1,986.50 points, the lowest close since Feb. 19.
However, shares in Hyundai Motor rose 3.8 percent after the won fell to a five-month low against the dollar, alleviating concerns about the automaker's sales and earnings. (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe