STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil stocks rise after economic activity data
Brazilian stocks opened higher on Friday after central bank data suggested economic activity gained momentum in January.
Among stocks rising in Sao Paulo were Itaú Unibanco , Brazil's largest non-government bank, and iron-ore mining firm Vale SA.
The benchmark Bovespa stock index rose 0.25 percent to 57,425.62 shortly after the opening.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel