Japan says unable to give time frame for Boeing 787 jet restarts
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Civil Aviation Bureau said on Friday it is not yet at the stage where it can estimate when commercial flights for Boeing Co's Dreamliner jet would resume after the plane was grounded globally for battery problems.
Boeing said earlier in the day that it expected the certification process for its proposed battery fix on the 787 jet to be completed in weeks.
(Reporting by Tim Kelly; Writing by James Topham; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |