Samsung Electronics promotes mobile, consumer heads to co-CEOs
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday it had promoted the heads of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses as co-chief executives to run the world's biggest technology company by revenue, along with current CEO Kwon Oh-hyun.
The decision is aimed at speeding up the decision making process and ensuring independent operations of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses on the component side, Samsung said in a statement.
Yoon Boo-keun will continue to lead the consumer electronics business, while J.K. Shin oversees mobile and Kwon will be in charge of components.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |