Samsung Electronics promotes mobile, consumer heads to co-CEOs
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday it had promoted the heads of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses as co-chief executives to run the world's biggest technology company by revenue, along with current CEO Kwon Oh-hyun.
The decision is aimed at speeding up the decision making process and ensuring independent operations of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses on the component side, Samsung said in a statement.
Yoon Boo-keun will continue to lead the consumer electronics business, while J.K. Shin oversees mobile and Kwon will be in charge of components.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow