International lenders, Cyprus reach deal on bailout- source
BRUSSELS, March 16
BRUSSELS, March 16 (Reuters) - International lenders and Cyprus have reached a deal to bail out the Mediterranean island with measures that include a 9.9 percent one-off levy on bank deposits, a senior euro zone source involved in the negotiations said early on Saturday.
The deal came after almost 10 hours of talks of euro zone finance ministers and the troika of European Commission, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections