Japanese retailer Aeon eyes Daiei takeover- Yomiuri
TOKYO, March 17
TOKYO, March 17 (Reuters) - Japan's top retailer Aeon Co Ltd is considering taking over its rival Daiei Inc by offering to buy the 29 percent of Daiei shares held by trading house Marubeni Corp, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported on Sunday.
The prospective purchase could cost about 10 billion yen ($105.15 million), Yomiuri reported without identifying sources.
Aeon, which currently holds a 20 percent stake in Daiei, aims to finalise the deal with Marubeni by April, Yomiuri said. ($1 = 95.1000 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Chikafumi Hodo; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen