Airbus to sign "major industrial deal" - govt
PARIS, March 17
PARIS, March 17 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande will meet Airbus president Fabrice Bregier on Monday to discuss "a major industrial deal," Hollande's office said in a statement on Sunday.
"It's a new deal," said a source close to the Elysee presidential palace, who declined to give any details.
Industry sources have been expecting Airbus, part of European aerospace group EADS, to announce a significant order from an Asian buyer.
The deal will be signed at the launch of France's "Industry Week," which is held March 18-24, the statement said.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia