Cypriot president postpones briefing on bank levy
NICOSIA, March 17
NICOSIA, March 17 (Reuters) - Cyprus's President Nicos Anastasiades on Sunday postponed an informal briefing to parliament which had been called to vote on a levy on bank savings imposed as part of a bailout deal.
It was unclear if the postponement meant the parliamentary session scheduled for 1400 GMT on Sunday would also be put off.
Several parties in parliament have said they will not back the levy, brokered by euro zone finance ministers on Saturday morning.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote