Bank of China chairman named head of securities regulator -report
BEIJING (Reuters) - The chairman of Bank of China Ltd (601988.SS), Xiao Gang, has been named head of the China Securities Regulatory Commission, the China Securities Journal reported on its website on Sunday.
Xiao, 54, was named at a Sunday meeting of the commission, the official Securities Journal said.
The appointment comes amid a flurry of appointments to head ministries and other top agencies as China's annual parliamentary session comes to an end on Sunday.
(Reporting by Sally Huang; writing by Terril Yue Jones; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter