Airbus targeting 700-750 orders in 2013 - sales chief
TOULOUSE, March 18
TOULOUSE, March 18 (Reuters) - Europe's Airbus is still targeting 700 to 750 plane orders this year and expects to hit about half of this target by the end of June, its commercial director told Reuters on Monday.
The planemaker grabbed a record order worth $24 billion at list prices from Indonesian budget carrier Lion Air on Monday, shaking arch-rival Boeing's grip on one of the world's fastest-growing airlines.
"That (Lion Air contract) was already in the numbers, we've been working on this for over six months," John Leahy said.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset