Airbus targeting 700-750 orders in 2013 - sales chief
TOULOUSE, March 18
TOULOUSE, March 18 (Reuters) - Europe's Airbus is still targeting 700 to 750 plane orders this year and expects to hit about half of this target by the end of June, its commercial director told Reuters on Monday.
The planemaker grabbed a record order worth $24 billion at list prices from Indonesian budget carrier Lion Air on Monday, shaking arch-rival Boeing's grip on one of the world's fastest-growing airlines.
"That (Lion Air contract) was already in the numbers, we've been working on this for over six months," John Leahy said.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |