Cyprus assured of ECB liquidity if bank levy approved-cenbank chief
NICOSIA, March 18
NICOSIA, March 18 (Reuters) - Cyprus has been assured the European Central Bank will provide the liquidity it needs if the country's parliament approves a levy on bank deposits, its central bank governor said on Monday.
"The assurances we have are that if the bill is voted then they will give us the liquidity we need to cope," Panicos Demetriades told parliament when asked what assurances the ECB had given if the levy is passed.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA