Cyprus's parliament postpones bank levy vote to Tuesday at 1600 GMT
NICOSIA, March 18
NICOSIA, March 18 (Reuters) - Cyprus's parliament has postponed a vote on a proposed one-off levy on bank deposits announced over the weekend until Tuesday evening, Parliamentary Speaker Yiannakis Omirou said on Monday.
Omirou said more time was needed to study amended government proposals on levying bank depositors.
Under the terms of a deal brokered with euro zone finance ministers on Friday, Cypriot authorities were to impose a 6.7 percent tax on bank deposits under 100,000 euros and a levy of 9.9. percent on deposits exceeding 100,000 euros.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source