Liberty Media close to buying stake in Charter -report
March 18 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp is close buying a 25 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
Charter Communications shares rose 6.6 percent to $96.00.
The newspaper cited unnamed sources familiar with the situation. A Liberty spokeswoman declined to comment on the report while a spokeswoman for Charter, the eighth largest U.S. cable operator, was not immediately available for comment.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack