Liberty Media close to buying stake in Charter -report
March 18 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp is close buying a 25 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
Charter Communications shares rose 6.6 percent to $96.00.
The newspaper cited unnamed sources familiar with the situation. A Liberty spokeswoman declined to comment on the report while a spokeswoman for Charter, the eighth largest U.S. cable operator, was not immediately available for comment.
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |