M&C Saatchi profit up 10 pct on new accounts
March 18 (Reuters) - Advertising agency M&C Saatchi Plc said full-year profit rose 10 percent, boosted by new accounts, including Ballantine's whisky, LG Electronics Inc , Peroni beer and Virgin Holidays.
London-based M&C Saatchi, which opened branches in Stockholm, Singapore and Abu Dhabi in 2012, said headline pretax profit rose to 17.2 million pounds ($26 million) from 15.6 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue increased 11 percent to 169.5 million pounds and comparable sales from the UK - the company's largest market -rose 13 percent to 75.4 million pounds, driven by strong sales in its mobile services and customer relationship management businesses.
M&C Saatchi was founded in 1995 by Charles and Maurice Saatchi after they were ousted from the board of Saatchi & Saatchi. The company's clients include Google Inc and microblogging website Twitter Inc.
M&C Saatchi's shares, which have gained 47 percent over the past year, closed at 217 pence on the London Stock Exchange on Friday.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials