Dollar recoups most losses versus yen, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 18
NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped most of its losses against the yen to hit a session high in early afternoon trade on Monday.
The dollar briefly turned little changed and hit a session high of 95.22 yen on Reuters data. It was last at 95.18 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day.
A bailout plan for Cyprus that will tax bank deposits spurred contagion worries in the euro zone and boosted demand for the safe-haven Japanese currency.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks