Dollar recoups most losses versus yen, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 18
NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped most of its losses against the yen to hit a session high in early afternoon trade on Monday.
The dollar briefly turned little changed and hit a session high of 95.22 yen on Reuters data. It was last at 95.18 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day.
A bailout plan for Cyprus that will tax bank deposits spurred contagion worries in the euro zone and boosted demand for the safe-haven Japanese currency.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia