Dollar recoups most losses versus yen, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 18
NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped most of its losses against the yen to hit a session high in early afternoon trade on Monday.
The dollar briefly turned little changed and hit a session high of 95.22 yen on Reuters data. It was last at 95.18 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day.
A bailout plan for Cyprus that will tax bank deposits spurred contagion worries in the euro zone and boosted demand for the safe-haven Japanese currency.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government