Dollar recoups most losses versus yen, hits session high
NEW YORK, March 18
NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped most of its losses against the yen to hit a session high in early afternoon trade on Monday.
The dollar briefly turned little changed and hit a session high of 95.22 yen on Reuters data. It was last at 95.18 yen, down 0.1 percent on the day.
A bailout plan for Cyprus that will tax bank deposits spurred contagion worries in the euro zone and boosted demand for the safe-haven Japanese currency.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |