Sharp sets new deadline of June 30 for Qualcomm investment
TOKYO, March 18
TOKYO, March 18 (Reuters) - Sharp Corp and Qualcomm Inc have set a new June 30 deadline for the U.S. chipmaker to pay the second half of an agreed $120 million investment after Sharp failed to meet conditions for the cash injection to be made by the end of March.
Sharp expects to have met conditions for the payment by the new deadline, Sharp spokeswoman Miyuki Nakayama said.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad