Statoil makes third major gas discovery in Tanzania
OSLO, March 18
OSLO, March 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian energy firm Statoil discovered 4-6 trillion cubic feet of gas offshore Tanzania, its third major discovery in the area, the firm said on Monday.
The discovery in the Tangawizi-1 well puts its total in-place volumes in the area at 15-17 trillion cubic feet while recoverable volumes are around 10-13 trillion cubic feet, the firm added.
Statoil operates the license with a 65 percent working interest with ExxonMobil holding the remaining 35% percent.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data