Suntech fails to make $541 mln bond payment, triggering other defaults
March 18 (Reuters) - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said it had defaulted on $541 million of its bonds due on Friday, triggering cross-defaults on other debt including loans from International Finance Corp and Chinese domestic lenders.
The China-based solar panel maker is exploring strategic alternatives with lenders and potential investors, Chief Executive David King said on Monday.
Suntech said it had received a notice of default and acceleration relating to its non-payment of the principal amount from the trustee of its 3 percent convertible notes.
Wilmington Trust Co was the trustee and securities agent for the bonds, according to regulatory filings.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel