Cyprus banks to remain shut Tuesday and Wednesday: government source
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Banks in Cyprus will be shut on Tuesday and Wednesday pending a decision by parliament to approve a levy on bank depositors, a government source told Reuters.
"Tuesday and Wednesday are bank holidays," the source said. A decree will be released shortly from the Finance Ministry to this effect, he said.
(Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Clorox shares rise on Venezuela exit; options volume surges