Cyprus banks to remain shut Tuesday and Wednesday: government source
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Banks in Cyprus will be shut on Tuesday and Wednesday pending a decision by parliament to approve a levy on bank depositors, a government source told Reuters.
"Tuesday and Wednesday are bank holidays," the source said. A decree will be released shortly from the Finance Ministry to this effect, he said.
(Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing business |