Cyprus banks to remain shut Tuesday and Wednesday: government source
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Banks in Cyprus will be shut on Tuesday and Wednesday pending a decision by parliament to approve a levy on bank depositors, a government source told Reuters.
"Tuesday and Wednesday are bank holidays," the source said. A decree will be released shortly from the Finance Ministry to this effect, he said.
(Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash