Cyprus banks to remain shut Tuesday and Wednesday: government source
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Banks in Cyprus will be shut on Tuesday and Wednesday pending a decision by parliament to approve a levy on bank depositors, a government source told Reuters.
"Tuesday and Wednesday are bank holidays," the source said. A decree will be released shortly from the Finance Ministry to this effect, he said.
(Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief