Cyprus banks to remain shut Tuesday and Wednesday: government source
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Banks in Cyprus will be shut on Tuesday and Wednesday pending a decision by parliament to approve a levy on bank depositors, a government source told Reuters.
"Tuesday and Wednesday are bank holidays," the source said. A decree will be released shortly from the Finance Ministry to this effect, he said.
(Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base