Obama to nominate Tom Perez as next U.S. Secretary of Labor
WASHINGTON, March 17
WASHINGTON, March 17 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Monday will nominate Assistant Attorney General Tom Perez as his next labor secretary, a White House official said.
Before joining the Justice Department in 2009, Perez was Maryland's labor secretary. If confirmed by the Senate, he will replace Hilda Solis, who resigned in January. (Reporting by Roberta Rampton; Editing by Stacey Joyce)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |