Acer Q4 loss bigger-than-estimated after trademark rights write-off
TAIPEI, March 19
TAIPEI, March 19 (Reuters) - Taiwan's Acer Inc reported a bigger-than-estimated net loss of T$3.37 billion ($113.28 million) in the fourth quarter after writing off T$3.5 billion of trademark rights.
The net loss compares with a net profit of T$68 million in the previous quarter and a T$100 million profit a year ago. Ten analysts have estimated a net loss of T$2.99 billion, according to a poll by Reuters.
For 2012, the PC vendor recorded a net loss of T$2.91 billion, narrowing from a net loss of T$6.6 billion in 2011. ($1 = 29.7505 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead