Anadarko makes large oil find in Gulf of Mexico
March 19 (Reuters) - U.S. oil and gas company Anadarko Petroleum Corp said on Tuesday it has discovered a large amount of oil at its Shenandoah-2 well in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
"The successful Shenandoah-2 well marks one of Anadarko's largest oil discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico," Bob Daniels, Anadarko's head of exploration, said in a statement.
Shares of Houston-based Anadarko rose 1.4 percent to $84.50 in post-market trading.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work