Ryanair expresses interest in next-generation 737
NEW YORK, March 19
NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - Ryanair Holdings Plc, fresh off an order for 175 of Boeing Co's 737 passenger jets, has some interest in the next generation of that plane and could place an order if the circumstances were right, Ryanair's chief executive said on Tuesday.
Michael O'Leary told a New York news conference that the 737 deal gives the Irish airline "breathing room" to talk to Boeing about orders for the next-generation 737 MAX.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister