Liberty Media to buy 27.3 pct stake in Charter Communications
March 19 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp will buy a 27.3 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.62 billion.
Liberty will pay $95.50 for each Charter share, a discount of 2.6 percent to Charter's Monday close of $98.04.
Liberty Media, a holding company controlled by cable pioneer John Malone, will buy the stake from Apollo Management, Oaktree Capital Management and Crestview Partners, the companies said in a joint statement.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina defaults but investor see eventual deal possible