Liberty Media to buy 27.3 pct stake in Charter Communications
March 19 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp will buy a 27.3 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.62 billion.
Liberty will pay $95.50 for each Charter share, a discount of 2.6 percent to Charter's Monday close of $98.04.
Liberty Media, a holding company controlled by cable pioneer John Malone, will buy the stake from Apollo Management, Oaktree Capital Management and Crestview Partners, the companies said in a joint statement.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report