Liberty Media to buy 27.3 pct stake in Charter Communications
March 19 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp will buy a 27.3 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.62 billion.
Liberty will pay $95.50 for each Charter share, a discount of 2.6 percent to Charter's Monday close of $98.04.
Liberty Media, a holding company controlled by cable pioneer John Malone, will buy the stake from Apollo Management, Oaktree Capital Management and Crestview Partners, the companies said in a joint statement.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits Missouri town for meetings on fatal shooting