Liberty Media to buy 27.3 pct stake in Charter Communications
March 19 (Reuters) - Liberty Media Corp will buy a 27.3 percent stake in cable operator Charter Communications Inc for about $2.62 billion.
Liberty will pay $95.50 for each Charter share, a discount of 2.6 percent to Charter's Monday close of $98.04.
Liberty Media, a holding company controlled by cable pioneer John Malone, will buy the stake from Apollo Management, Oaktree Capital Management and Crestview Partners, the companies said in a joint statement.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports