REFILE-Alimentation Couche-Tard profit rises 56 percent
TORONTO, March 19 (Reuters) - Convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard reported a 56 percent increase in quarterly profit on Tuesday, bolstered by its acquisitions, higher margins on fuel and a lower income tax rate.
Net income for the third quarter ended Feb. 3 rose to $142.5 million, or 75 cents a share, from $86.8 million, or 48 cents, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Laval, Quebec-based company rose 75 percent percent to $11.57 billion.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA