REFILE-Alimentation Couche-Tard profit rises 56 percent
TORONTO, March 19 (Reuters) - Convenience store operator Alimentation Couche-Tard reported a 56 percent increase in quarterly profit on Tuesday, bolstered by its acquisitions, higher margins on fuel and a lower income tax rate.
Net income for the third quarter ended Feb. 3 rose to $142.5 million, or 75 cents a share, from $86.8 million, or 48 cents, a year earlier.
Revenue at the Laval, Quebec-based company rose 75 percent percent to $11.57 billion.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape