Cyprus stock exchange suspends trade Tuesday, Wednesday
March 19 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Stock Exchange said it would suspend trade on Tuesday and Wednesday while banks on the island remained shut pending the imposition of a levy on deposits in return for an international bailout.
The decision was taken to ensure the smooth functioning of the exchange and to protect investors, the Stock Exchange said in a statement.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets