Egypt to ration subsidised bread- minister
CAIRO, March 19
CAIRO, March 19 (Reuters) - Egypt will start rationing subsidised bread and cooking gas using smart cards after two months, the country's minister of supplies said on Tuesday in comments to the state news agency.
Minister Bassem Ouda said the government would begin implementing the system on a trial basis in the cities of Port Fouad and Port Said.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |