Egypt sees IMF deal, tranche by end-June-report
CAIRO, March 19
CAIRO, March 19 (Reuters) - The Egyptian government expects to sign a deal with the IMF by the end of June and to have received the first tranche of a $4.8 billion loan by then, the planning minister told Al-Ahram online on Tuesday.
Ashraf al-Araby also said he expected an IMF technical mission to arrive in Cairo in the coming days to complete talks on the deal. He said discussions earlier this week with a senior International Monetary Fund official did not deal with the idea of an emergency IMF loan.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data