Egypt sees IMF deal, tranche by end-June-report
CAIRO, March 19
CAIRO, March 19 (Reuters) - The Egyptian government expects to sign a deal with the IMF by the end of June and to have received the first tranche of a $4.8 billion loan by then, the planning minister told Al-Ahram online on Tuesday.
Ashraf al-Araby also said he expected an IMF technical mission to arrive in Cairo in the coming days to complete talks on the deal. He said discussions earlier this week with a senior International Monetary Fund official did not deal with the idea of an emergency IMF loan.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets