French budget minister resigns - president's office
PARIS, March 19
PARIS, March 19 (Reuters) - French Budget Minister Jerome Cahuzac, targeted in a tax fraud inquiry, has resigned from his post and will be replaced by Europe Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, the president's office said on Tuesday.
French prosecutors earlier opened a formal investigation into allegations that Cahuzac held a secret bank account in Switzerland.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |