French budget minister resigns - president's office
PARIS, March 19
PARIS, March 19 (Reuters) - French Budget Minister Jerome Cahuzac, targeted in a tax fraud inquiry, has resigned from his post and will be replaced by Europe Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, the president's office said on Tuesday.
French prosecutors earlier opened a formal investigation into allegations that Cahuzac held a secret bank account in Switzerland.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks